Alis Grave Nil

Monday 3 August 2015

Once Upon a Time........

Once upon a time there was a wee Scottish girl, 
with long skinny legs and a great big smile.
A twin brother she adored, as part of herself, 
a bond not shared, by anyone else.
A mum and dad who loved her, of that there was no doubt, 
and two younger sisters, who made her laugh and shout. 
Her dolls neatly dressed, she took care of her toys, 
she treasured these moments like nobody else.
                                                                                             
Once upon a time there was a young city girl, 
conscientious in study, achieved what she sought.
Friends, there were many she loved and adored, 
she’d dress to the nines and dance until dawn.
Fluent in French, the best cook by far, 
she never forgot those from afar.


She left us for France to follow her dreams; 
we wrote many letters to keep us in tune.
She worked hard and played hard till one day we heard, 
she’s moving to Yorkshire with Roger her friend. 
Married and happy with a man she adores, 
this beautiful lady now wears country clothes.


Once upon a time there was a strong woman, 
she tended her garden, the blooms grew with love.
The ducks they would quack as she talked to them much, 
overcoming her fear of the closeness they sought. 
She was quirky and funny, and read lots of books 
and would crochet a jumper as fast as she could.


A tower of strength, she turned out to be, 
protecting her family from news they couldn’t hear. 
Her worry and struggle from pain we couldn’t see, 
was masked with her fun to save us from fear.


Her spirit is free now, she dances on clouds, 
No worry or pain, she laughs out loud
Her light shines through, like the crystals she used, 
sending love through the ether to comfort our pain. 
So celebrate her beauty, and forget her not, 
her light remains shining in all of our thoughts.

Her light has not left us, her spirit shines through, 
in the twinkling stars, right above you. 
In the cool summer breeze she hugs you with love 
while her beauty appears in the warm autumn leaves. 
We love her and miss her but still feel her strength, 
so remember her always with love, her dear friends.


In loving memory of Carol Harrison (Molly Printemps) who lost her three year battle with cancer on the 16th July 2015.

May she do cartwheels on rainbows 
and dance on the clouds.

Her wonderful husband Roger, (Roberto Printemp), who cared for Carol (Molly Printemp) with love, affection and humour during many tough days sends his love to all as he tries to find a way through the darkness. 

Fly high my beautiful sister and don’t forget to visit
Namaste
Katy xx



14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to read this. I will miss her humour. CT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CT, Carol loved the banter with all her blogie friends. I think her humour and laughter are what we will all miss most. Roberto Printemp is having a few electrical issues at the minute, a shock from his kettle, a lightening bolt from his lighter as he tried to smoke a cigarette and his laptop is suddenly banjaxed. I would say she's still having a few laughs. Katy x

      Delete
    2. I grinned reading that. It's something I recognise and sounds about right xx

      Delete
  2. I 'found' Carol only recently, last year through our respective blogs. I have kept in touch with her by email since December last year, sending her virtual hugs and photos of bunches of flowers from my garden since I couldn't send her the real thing, not knowing exactly where she lived. I can't tell you how saddened I am by this news, she made me laugh so many times with her blog. I send my heartfelt sympathies and condolences to her husband, her family and friends. And thank you SO much for this last posting. I wish I'd known her better, and for longer. But maybe one day I'll meet her....x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edwina, I am sure Carol loved getting your emails. She was big on keeping in touch with everyone through letters, emails, phone calls. Never forgot anybody. We are all a little numb at the minute but just wanted to let her online friends know rather than leaving everybody wondering where she was Katy x (Roberto Printemp and the rest of the family)

      Delete
  3. Oh no! Oh no! I am so shocked that Carol has left the stage. I kept coming back to her "Camelia" post and wondering when she would get round to creating another blogpost. Connecting with her through blogging was fun and in a way I am glad that I didn't know she was fighting cancer. That would have impacted on our online mischief.

    Katy's poem in memory of her sister is a lovely way of saying goodbye - like carving a love heart on a tree.

    Farewell Molly Printemps! Farewell Carol Harrison! I send my sincere condolences to Roger and to Katy and to all who counted Carol as a friend in real life.

    Love from
    Neil in Sheffield (Yorkshire Pudding)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you YP, You made her laugh....a lot. She did love a bit of mischief and you certainly connected from that point of view. Not being a writer, the poem was pretty tough to do, an emotional nightmare anyway, but I could hear her shouting about my spelling and grammar, which she did to me frequently. I started deliberately misspelling in emails to her a few years ago, which I'm sure drove her nuts at first, but she said nothing and started doing it back to me, so bad that even I new it was misspelled. Thank you for keeping her laughing all the way. Katy x (Roberto Printemp and the rest of the family)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy...I didn't get to know your dear sister, Carol...but I've just read Yorky's post in his blog. Carol and Yorky obviously shared a wonderful friendship through the blogging world.

    Your verse is a fine tribute to your sister. I'm sure she's smiling upon you. Cherish your memories...hold them dear. I'm sorry for your loss...but bear one most important thing in your mind...you will never lose the love, or your memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lee. We are all struggling at the minute, but yes, the memories and love will remain and get us through.Katy x

      Delete
  6. Katy, like Lee, I didn't know your sister and am visiting because of Neil's post. Anyone who can inspire such words as you have written must have been very special indeed. I cried unashamedly for you, for Robert and for those who knew and loved her. Kia kaha. Graham

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathryn, I am no poet so I won't even try, but your beautiful writings have teared up my eyes ,I will remember your sister as time ticks by ,us playing in the meadows of East Kilbride. Roger,Fiona,Stephen and Betty, I leave you this note ,our hearts here are heavy. God Bless You All

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, just had to step away from all this for a while. Good to hear from you, even though it is under these awful circumstances. xx

      Delete
  8. ****THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT****

    Portugal is the Biggest Racist country that i have ever lived in. I feared for my life there and i consider myself lucky that my family got out alive! I have never lived in such poverty (Sopas dos Pobres everyday) 40% unemployment rate and 60% of the population earn less than $932 USD per month, and that's considered Middle Class here! Within the European Union it is the worst of the worst place to live.

    The bottom line is the bulk of the People in our poor country exist in a brainless comma that is fed by Ignorance, anti-Spanish hate, and severe Racism of pretty much everybody that isn't Portuguese! And, Portugal started the Global Slave Trade in 1441 so it is definitely NOT a safe place for Blacks!!

    I found important websites that explain the Severe multi-generational Racism and Hate that exist in Portugal today, and i highly encourage all to read them and spread the word in order to avoid innocent, and desperate people from living or visiting there. Get educated on the Truths about Racist Portugal now.

    PORTUGAL IS THE BIGGEST, RACIST, ANTI-SPANISH COUNTRY ON THE PLANET!

    I HEREBY ALERT ALL PEOPLE ON EARTH TO NOT BUY FROM PUTUGAL, DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD, EARNED MONEY GOING THERE AND BOYCOTT ALL PORTUGEE STORES IN YOUR AREA! DON'T BUY THEIR GOODS OR WINES!!!

    THESE XENOPHOBIC RACISTS HAVE TO LEARN AND THE BEST WAY IS TO BLOCK THEM ECONOMICALLY!

    BE CAREFUL FRIENDS!

    ReplyDelete