Alis Grave Nil

Saturday 21 April 2012

It's Just Nuts!

My sister, Katy Moon went to watch my lovely niece and nephew snowboarding during the Easter holidays.  While she was there, she was starving and fancied a bag of peanuts.  She went to the kiosk and asked for some salted peanuts.  The guy behind the kiosk said "sorry, but we can't sell peanuts during the school holidays because of kids getting nut allergies."  Katy then went over to the vending machine and bought a Snickers bar (Marathon bar to you and me!).  What is that all about?

 
Overheard conversation of two West Yorkshire ladies:-

"We love the East Coast.  I was just saying to Bert, if one of us dies, I will definitely move here."

It's been raining on and off in East Yorkshire for the best part of two weeks and further downpours are forecast for the next week.  On our local news, there was a Lincolnshire farmer, up to his welly-clad ankles in water trying to convince us that the soil was still dry. Drought, my a**e! It's all just nuts, I tell you. 

Bon Weekend, mes amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment