Alis Grave Nil

Wednesday 29 February 2012

You Make me Feel so Young

...you make me feel as though spring has sprung....

You know you're getting older when you find yourself in a garden centre on a Sunday afternoon buying primroses and your husband is twitching to get back home to polish up his new Jag AGAIN, even though it hasn't left the garage since he bought it.  (apologies, blog followers,  I think we've heard enough about Roberto's eff-off blue Jag now don't you?).  While in the garden centre we meet an elderly friend of Roberto's mother, the late Beatrice Printemps, who likes a yarn and he looks like he wants to run for the hills.  We're still there standing talking half an hour later and Roberto is switching from foot to foot, his meerkat eyes scanning for the exit, ready to dart for the door at the earliest opportunity.  I think I'll go on my own the next time. 

...and every time I see you grin, I'm such a happy individual...

Tomorrow, 1 March 2012, is World Book Day and my lovely niece, Anna Nokerova (9) is going to school  dressed up as Laura Ingalls (remember Little House on the Prairie, girls?) .  I made her the outfit, complete with pinny and bonnet and my mother found her an old fashioned pail in the pound shop to take her lunch to school in (me moother will die of embarrassment because I've just told you all that she went into the pound shop - don't worry moother, we're only pretend people on the blog!).  Anna is having pigtails, with no bobbles at the top, for that authentic Laura look.  Sorry I won't be able to post a photo of her on here, but you get the idea. I'll let you know if she wins a prize for the best outfit. 

..bells to be rung and a wonderful fling to be flung....

It will soon be the wedding season and I just wanted to add a little plug for my sister, Katy Moon, who designs and makes the most beautiful tiaras and head pieces for brides and their entourages, mothers, aunties, etc etc.  Her link is here.

So glad that spring/printemps is on its way, mes amis






No comments:

Post a Comment