Alis Grave Nil

Wednesday 1 January 2014

Michael Buble Overload

Well, I never thought I'd say this but I think I've overdone it with Michael Buble.  As much as I adore him, I've had enough of his Christmas CD.  In fact I'm just about Bubled out. He's been singing non-stop since 1st December so I've packed him away in the CD cabinet for another year. 

I could have sworn I had three boxes of mince pies in my cupboard that I hid in case of unexpected visitors during the festive season, but when I looked the other day, there was just an empty space where the mince pies used to be. There must be a big (huge) mouse in my house.

I'm not sure if I've told you about our ducks We have two "rescue" ducks of our own that a friend of ours brought to our pond - a black one and a white one (please don't ask me what brand they are as I haven't got a Scooby Doo).  Some numpty had them at the back of a terraced house and wasn't treating them properly and they were a bit scrawny and straggly when they arrived chez nous.  I fed them every day with special duckling food and chatted to them and although they were quite scared and shy to start with, after a week they came running towards me, squawking and squeaking, when I came to feed them.  I'm happy to say they are now fatter and happier and are are now playing nicely with the wild ducks on our pond. My Auntie Violet always asks about them and on Christmas Day she asked me if I had fed them anything special for Christmas.  I wondered if she meant stuffing balls and tiny sausages. 

"Eh...just some extra bread, Auntie Violet". 

"Oh, is that all?" she said.  "I thought you would have given them a wee treat." 

What the fluff do you give a duck for a "wee treat"? 


Bonne Annee 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment