Alis Grave Nil

Monday 29 September 2014

Cameron's War

I have no interest in politics and I hardly watch the News now but I believe we are getting involved in a war with something called IS (Islamic State).  Is this another new made up expression designed to make us frightened enough to back yet another war in the Middle East that has fluff all to do with the UK?  We are not in danger of "psychotic terrorist" attacks in the UK, in the same way we were not in any danger of Sadam Hussain pressing a button and launching a weapon of mass destruction which Tony Bliar told us would arrive in the UK in 45 minutes.  The only psychotic terrorists we know of are sitting in a big building in Westminster giving the go-ahead for another bloody war.
 
I can't bring myself to post a photo of David Cameron because it just makes me want to slap his big round shiny face.
 
Right, got that off my chest. I'm off on my holidays soon in approximately une semaine so I don't really care about any of it.  Not my circus, not my monkeys (quaint old Polish expression).
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. hey Carol, you know I find life right now to be really worrying. after everything with Scotland I think I have Little Man Tate syndrome. it all plays on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sol. I stopped watching the News months ago and I feel a lot happier and free from all the scare-mongering stuff. I just watch our local news now, which is very mild. If you are interested, look up Stuart Wilde's book Whispering Winds of Change. It really changed the way I looked at the world.

      Carol

      Delete
    2. I will look out for that book. thanks

      Delete
  2. I think you'd look nice in a tartan burka Molly. Make sure you pack one just in case your cruise ship is taken over by a speedboat full of IS jihadists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good idea YP. A tartan burka will be just the job. At least I won't be mistaken for Jihadi John when Obama's navy seals are sent in.

      Delete